Release Notes for OWL 2.9.1-owl4
These release notes for OWL 2.9.1-owl4 provide an overview of the changes made and new features added to OWL on May 1, 2014.
This is the ninth release of OWL, and the fourth based on the 2.9.1 tag of Sakai.
This release contains new options for groups and joinable sets, improvements to the question pool functionality in Tests & Quizzes, user experience and performance improvements in many tools, and security updates. This version of OWL was released on May 1, 2014.
Additions and Changes
- The Joinable Sets feature adds the option for site maintainers to allow site members to view the membership of groups they are in, and to unjoin groups they have previously joined.View membership and unjoin options for groups in a joinable set
- Question pools in Tests & Quizzes can now be transferred between users.Transferring pool ownership to another user
- Listings of question pools in Tests & Quizzes now display the parent pool for subpools.Menu showing parent pool name when listing subpools
- MathJax support can now be enabled on a per-tool basis.MathJax enabled for some tools in the site
- The Gradebook now displays the course grade to two decimal places.Course grade displaying two decimal places
- User interface improvements have been made in many tools.
- Overall system security has been enhanced.
Please visit OWL Documentation for more information about using these new features.
Return to Release Notes main page