Release Notes for OWL 2.9.1-owl2
These release notes for OWL 2.9.1-owl2 provide an overview of the changes made and new features added to OWL on August 29, 2013.
This is the seventh release of OWL, and the second based on the 2.9.1 tag of Sakai.
This release contains support for MathJax, the newly released PostEm tool, streamlined guest-account creation and password reset processes, more Turnitin submission types, Gradebook improvements, user experience and performance improvements, and security updates. This version of OWL was released on August 29, 2013.
Additions and Changes
- MathJax is now supported and can be enabled on a per-site basis.An assessment question with LaTeX equations rendered by MathJax
- The SCORM Player is now available for all sites.
- The account creation and management features for guest accounts have been greatly improved.Resetting a password for a guest account
- The newly released PostEm tool allows instructors and maintainers to deliver individualized text, such as feedback, to each student in a site.
- The Turnitin option in Assignments now supports inline submissions and multiple attachments.Distinct Turnitin reports for multiple submission types in a single assignment submission
- Instructors and Grade Administrators will now receive an email notification when grades are approved in the Gradebook.
- Student numbers are now included when exporting course grades to a file from the Gradebook.
- Password fields now indicate when caps lock is active as the user enters his or her password.Caps Lock status indicated with icon in password field
- Performance improvements have been made in Forums, Gradebook, and Test & Quizzes.
- User interface improvements have been made in Lessons, SCORM Player, Site Browser, Assignments, Forums, Gradebook, Site Info, Worksite Setup, Reset Password, and Request Account.
- Overall system security has been enhanced.
Please visit OWL Documentation for more information about using these new features.
Return to Release Notes main page