Release Notes for OWL 2.9.1-owl1
These release notes for OWL 2.9.1-owl1 provide an overview of the changes made and new features added to OWL on May 2, 2013.
This is the sixth release of OWL, and the first based on the 2.9.1 tag of Sakai.
This release contains a redesigned interface, a new rich text editor, many user experience improvements, support for SCORM packages, improvements to the course evaluation system and certification tool, and security updates. This version of OWL was released on May 2, 2013.
See the Sakai CLE 2.9.1 Release Notes for more details about specific changes to tools for 2.9.1.
Additions and Changes
- OWL's interface has been updated with a new look and feel.OWL's new design
- Active sites across the top now provide quick-access menus that allow users to jump right to a particular tool in a site.Active sites are now buttons
- The "My Active Sites" tab has been replaced by the "More Sites" button."More Sites" replaces the "My Active Sites" tab
- The "More Sites" button now opens the Site Drawer, which displays a user's Active Sites and provides a quick filter to find sites. The drawer also offers links to view all of the user's sites, to create a new site, and to edit his or her OWL preferences.The Site Drawer provides access to active sites, a quick filter, and links to view or create sites or edit preferences
- Sites can now be published from any page with a single click.Publish Now button available throughout an unpublished site
- The Preferences page is more streamlined.Move sites easier with drag-and-drop or keyboard controls
- The rich text editor has been upgraded. The new editor handles pasting from Microsoft Word automatically. Entity linking to other site resources is now a feature of the standard link button.The new rich text editor
- OWL is now able to play SCORM packages (2004 3rd Edition only).
- The setup process and the reporting interface of the Certification tool have been improved. The report page now has display options for filtering users based on date, completion, and site membership.Display options for Certification report view
- Overall system security has been enhanced.
Please visit OWL Documentation for more information about using these new features.
Return to Release Notes main page