Release Notes for OWL 2.8.x-owl5
These release notes for OWL 2.8.x-owl5 provide an overview of the changes made and new features added to OWL on January 3, 2013.
This is the fifth release of OWL based on the 2.8.x branch of Sakai.
This release contains new features for joinable sites and groups, improvements to certificates of achievement, and several bug fixes, interface improvements, and security updates. It was released on January 3, 2013.
Additions and Changes
- A new feature called Joinable Sets is now available in the Group Manager area of the Site Info tool. Joinable Sets provides instructors with an option to allow each student to choose which group in the set he or she would like to join.Groups in a Joinable Set
- The Certification tool now has a reporting view for site maintainers to display which site participants have completed the requirements.Certification Report View
- The access view of the Certification tool now clearly indicates whether a certificate has been achieved immediately.Certification Student View
- Feedback and instructions for creating a new Certification certificate are more informative and robust.
- Site maintainers can limit their Joinable Sites to particular Western account types, such as staff or student.Limiting access to a joinable site by account type
- New participants in a Joinable Site can be automatically added to a specific group as set on the Manage Access page.Setting a group for joining members
- The Course Grades page of the Gradebook now visually indicates activity, such as saving or exporting grades.Visual indication that saving is in progress
- Security vulnerabilities affecting the Gradebook, Reset Password, and the Join Site tool are fixed.
Please visit OWL Documentation for more information about using these new features.
Return to Release Notes main page