Release Notes for OWL 10.3-owl5
These release notes for OWL 10.3-owl5 provide an overview of the changes made and new features added to OWL on August 29, 2016.
This is the sixteenth release of OWL, and the fifth based on the 10.3 version of Sakai.
This release contains the new Research Guides tool, a redesigned Assignments creation page, and an updated Turnitin integration. This version of OWL was released on August 29, 2016.
Additions and Changes
- The Assignments add and edit pages have been reorganized to group similar options together. The reorganized Add page in Assignments
- Research Guides is a new tool that provides program- and course-specific resources and research assistance from the Western Libraries. An example of a Research Guide for Sociology courses
- Turnitin is changing how OWL will connect with the service, so the Turnitin integration in Assignments has been rewritten by our awesome OWL developers to accomodate this third-party change. We recommend any new assignments with no student submissions that were created before August 29th, 2016 be recreated to perserve future access to student submissions. More information is available in this article.
- Performance and user interface improvements have been made in several tools.
- Overall system security has been enhanced.
Please visit OWL Documentation for more information about using these new features.
Return to Release Notes main page