Release Notes for OWL 10.3-owl4
These release notes for OWL 10.3-owl4 provide an overview of the changes made and new features added to OWL on May 5, 2016.
This is the fifteenth release of OWL, and the fourth based on the 10.3 version of Sakai.
This release contains a new option to average multiple submission scores in Tests & Quizzes, new email notification options for Tests & Quizzes and for Forums, new linking and export options for SCORM Player, the addition of VoiceThread, and the removal of the Voice Authoring Tools. This version of OWL was released on May 5, 2016.
Additions and Changes
- An option to record the average score has been added to Tests & Quizzes, so a quiz can average the scores from multiple submission attempts. An example of a quiz using the "Record the average score" option
- Tests & Quizzes now sends email receipts to the submitters when they complete a quiz. The default notification setting for Tests & Quizzes email receipts
- In Tests & Quizzes, site maintainers can opt to receive email notifications of new submissions for each quiz.This quiz example will send to site maintainers a daily email summary of any the submissions
- SCORM modules can now be linked from wherever the rich text editor appears.Choosing a SCORM module from the rich text editor's Server Browser
- Site maintainers can now disable email notifications from being sent from particular topics in Forums.For this topic, email notifications will be sent without including the contents of the forum posts
- The results for a module in SCORM Player can now be exported to CSV file.Exporting results to a file
- The Voice Authoring Tools (Voice Podcaster, Voice Presentation, and Voice Board) have been discontinued by the vendor and removed from OWL.
- The VoiceThread service for asynchronous multimedia conversations has been added as a new tool.
- Performance and user interface improvements have been made in several tools.
- Overall system security has been enhanced.
Please visit OWL Documentation for more information about using these new features.
Return to Release Notes main page