Release Notes for OWL 10.3-owl3
These release notes for OWL 10.3-owl3 provide an overview of the changes made and new features added to OWL on December 23, 2015.
This is the fourteenth release of OWL, and the third based on the 10.3 version of Sakai.
This release contains an updated look for Schedule, a new list of participants who have not yet joined any groups in a joinable set, new controls when adding items to Syllabus, and the removal of the Academic Calendar. This version of OWL was released on December 23, 2015.
Additions and Changes
- The look of Schedule has been updated.The Calendar by Week view in the visually-updated Schedule
- In Manage Groups, site maintainers can now view a list of participants who have not yet joined any of the groups in a joinable set.The users listed on the right have not yet joined a lab group
- New items in Syllabus can be added either in Draft mode with the "Add" button or published during the creation process with the "Add and Publish" button.Create and publish an item with "Add and Publish", or create an item in draft mode with "Add"
- Removing modules in SCORM Player will now clean up any associated gradebook items.
- The Academic Calendar has been removed from the subscription feature in Schedule because the sourced events are not available for 2016. When the events are available again, this option might be restored in OWL.
- Performance and user interface improvements have been made in several tools.
- Overall system security has been enhanced.
Please visit OWL Documentation for more information about using these new features.
Return to Release Notes main page