Release Notes for OWL 10.3-owl2
These release notes for OWL 10.3-owl2 provide an overview of the changes made and new features added to OWL on August 27, 2015.
This is the thirteenth release of OWL, and the second based on the 10.3 version of Sakai.
This release contains a new view of official course enrolments in Membership, anonymous forums, a new group creation option, and an option to add Western's Academic Calendar to an OWL calendar. This version of OWL was released on August 27, 2015.
Additions and Changes
- Membership now lists all your official course enrolments and whether there is a corresponding site in OWL. This is particularly useful for students to confirm their official enrolments are in OWL.Two of the four sections have courses sites for the student in this example
- Forums now has an option to allow people to post anonymously.Names of the forum post authors are replaced by anonymous identifiers
- Course sections now can be split into Groups automatically.Automatically create groups from the selected section
- Events from Western's Academic Calendar can be added to calendars in Schedule.Events from Western's Academic Calendar appearing in an OWL
- Clicking a tool name in the tool menu on the left now resets the tool in the same way as the Reset icon.
- Assignments now allows grades with up to two decimal places.
- Performance and user interface improvements have been made in several tools.
- Overall system security has been enhanced.
Please visit OWL Documentation for more information about using these new features.
Return to Release Notes main page